With the colder weather approaching, it is important to stay warm. Teach little ones the importance of covering up in the cold weather with this easy yarn craft. This craft is from Easy Peasy and Fun, it is fun and creative giving children the opportunity to explore their fine motor skills as they have to measure, cut and twist the yarn into the perfect Hat.
Everything you will need:
How to do it:
- Start by cutting the yarn into threads. The length of the yearn depends on the width of your paper roll. Start with cutting 1 thread and trying it out until you find the perfect length.
- Cut the paper roll into a thin ring, about 3/4″ of an inch.
- Fold the yarn in half and place through the paper roll hole. Take the part of the end of the yarn with the loose ends and pull through the loop of the yarn over the paper roll. Pull tight to create a knot.
- Repeat this scenario until you have the paper roll covered with yarn.
- Push the yarn through the paper roll. Easy Peasy and Fun and Fun found it easier to twist all the threads and push them through.
- Roll a small ball of tissue paper and push it into the paper roll to give you the perfect hat shape while keeping the yarn in place.
- Finally tie a knot around the threads to get a hat shape and then trim the pom pom to a nice shape.
- You can take this craft further to create an ornament by tying some yarn under the pom pom of the hat to make a loop.
Remember to visit www.avron.ca for all your craft supplies!
- Begin but cutting a cup from the egg carton. Next cut four points where the folds are on the carton to create 4 poppy petals. Round off the petals to create a cleaner look. (If using construction paper, cut a poppy shape out of the paper.)
- Colour the middle of the egg carton poppy with black and yellow. Then paint the poppy red and set aside to dry.
- When the poppy is dry, glue a brown pipe cleaner to the back of the egg carton. Use a clothes pin to pin the mini poppy onto your shirt!
Shop http://www.avron.ca for all your Arts & Craft needs!
Materials You Will Need:
- Using black construction paper, roll into a cylinder shape and glue down one end to create a body for your witch.
- Cut a circle out of cardboard and paint black.
- With a smaller piece of construction paper create a cone shape for your witch’s hat.
- When the cardboard circle is dry glue to the end of your cone hat. Once secure glue onto the body of your witch.
- Using a dowd stick, poke a hole right through the witch’s body through the other side. Now stick a black pipe cleaner creating hands for witch.
- Glue wiggle eyes onto your witch’s face. Curl short pieces of orange pipe cleaner and glue onto the underside of the hat to create hair.
- Decorate the hate with pipe cleaners.
- Take a dowd stick and cut a couple of yellow pipe cleaners and wrap around the end of the dowd stick. Secure with glue and by wrapping a brown pipe cleaner around the end of the stick and yellow pipe cleaner.
Now you’re ready to cast some spells!
Visit http://www.avron.ca for your craft supplies!
Materials You Will Need:
- With adult assistance, start by gluing down wiggle eyes to the bottom of the pine cone.
- Next, line up three black pipe cleaners for the spiders legs and twist them together. Choose a side for the spiders belly and apply a line of hot glue between the pine cone scales. Now wedge the pipe cleaner legs into the pine cone scales and press into the hot glue until it dries.
- Once the pipe cleaners are secured to the spiders belly, spread them out and bend each one into a leg.
- Your Spider Pine Cone is complete! If you want to have a bit more fun you can decorate your Spider friend by adding a red pipe cleaner bow or anything else you can think of!
Shop www.avron.ca for all your Spooky Craft Supplies!