What you will need:
- Cut out two heart shapes from cardboard. Squish some newspaper into a ball and sandwich the newspaper ball between the two heart cardboard pieces. Cover the whole heart sandwich with tape.
- Decorate the heart however you’d like. We used markers to colour the whole heart purple and outlined the heart with a black marker to give it a cartoon look. We also added wiggle eyes to the heart.
- Take 3 pipe cleaners and spread them out evenly. Glue into place and bend them so they look like legs so your love bug can stand.
Share your Love Bug with someone you love!
How to do it:
- Colour the bamboo stick with any pattern. You can be creative and mix different colours together.
- Cut out 2 heart shapes from the centre of the doilies. Referencing the image above, glue the tip of the bamboo stick to the centre of one of the doily hearts you cut out. Glue the other heart to the other side of the bamboo stick.
- For the end of the arrow cut out a design from the leftover doilies. We cut out an arrow shape and glued it to the end of our bamboo stick. You can also glue down feathers to the end of the stick
- Wrap twine just below the end of the bamboo stick to finish off creating Cupid’s Arrows!
These supplies are from www.avron.ca
What you will need:
- Trace out 2 rectangle shapes about 2.5″ x 4″ in size and cut out. Make a small hole in the centre of one of the rectangles.
- Take any coloured pipe cleaner and put 1″ through the hole you made in one of the cardboard rectangles. To secure the pipe cleaner, glue the end into place.
- Thread different beads through the pipe cleaner until you have about 1″ left of the pipe cleaner. Thread the end through the hole and secure with glue. Your pipe cleaner should have a balloon shape. Push the center of the beaded pipe cleaner down and morph into a heart shape.
- With the rectangle piece you haven’t used yet, glue to the bottom of the other rectangle piece so that the pipe cleaner ends are no longer showing.
- All you need to do now is to decorate the base of your Heart Garden with tissue paper. Cover the cardboard base with glue and stick small twisted pieces of tissue paper until you have achieved your wild garden of tissue paper.
Gift your beautiful Heart Garden to someone you love!
Visit www.avron.ca for your Arts and Crafts Supplies.
What You Will Need:
- Start by colouring the paper plate with pastels. You can create a sunset or a winter sky like we did. We used pink, yellow, green and black pastels to scribble on the paper plate until covered in colour.
- Cut out a mountain shape from the black construction paper and glue down in the middle of the plate.
- Put drops of glue on the paper plate and sprinkle silver glitter for snow.
- For more snow, place glue underneath the mountain and tear cotton balls into smaller pieces and stick onto the glue.
- Take 2 black pom poms and glue one on top of the other. Glue two wiggle eyes on one of the pom pom to create a penguin. Cut a small piece from the orange pipe cleaner and glue between the two eyes. Then cut another piece of white pipe cleaner and glue onto the penguin to create it’s stomach.
- Use a pop sickle stick and glue a square wood piece to the top to create the north pole. Glue down the pom pom penguin to the bottom of the sign and then finish your craft by gluing down the north pole pop sickle stick to the center of the plate buried in the snow!
Shop for all these supplies at http://www.avron.ca
What You Need:
What to do it:
- Start by colouring the bottom of the paper plate in pastel. We decided to use brown but you can be creative and pick any colour for your owl!
- Cut out two shapes for the owl’s wings. We cut out two triangle pieces for wings. You will also need to cut out two circles about in an inch in size for the owl eyes.
- Glue the wings to either side of the paper plate and then cover the wings in glue. Tear or cut tissue paper into 1″ squares. Wrap around the end of a pencil that has an eraser at the bottom. Then place the pencil with the tissue paper onto the glue. Lift up the pencil and the tissue paper will remain on the glue. Decorate the whole wing like this, changing tissue paper colours if you want.
- Take the cardboard circles and glue big wiggle eyes in the centre. Decorate around the wiggle eyes with a pattern. When you’re done decorating the owl eyes, glue onto the paper plate.
- You’re almost done your owl! You can finish your Owl Craft by adding a triangle nose and little feet. You can also add feathers to bring your owl to life!
If you enjoyed this craft, come back every week for more original crafts!