Materials You Will Need:
- White Yarn
- Wiggle Eyes
- Tin Foil
- Culturally Diverse People Kit
- Black Paint or Markers
- Glue Gun
- First you will need a body for your mummy. Start by cutting out a human shape from your cardboard. If you need help with the body shape, you can trace a human shape cutout from our Culturally Diverse People Kit.
- Paint your cardboard human with black paint and wait for it to completely dry.
- Glue wiggle eyes onto your human cardboard and hold down until secure.
- Tape one end of your white yarn to the back of your human cardboard. Now start wrapping the yarn around your human cardboard’s head, make sure to leave an open space for the eyes. Continue wrapping the mummy’s body and when you are finished wrapping yarn all around, tape the end of the yarn onto the back of the mummy.
- Your mummy has risen right from the dead so there will be creepy crawlies all over. Create a ball of tin foil about half an inch big for your spiders body. With another piece of tinfoil twist it until you have about a 2 inch leg. You will need two of these for the spiders leg.
- With the two tin foil legs cross them over and twist in the middle. Now glue the legs to one side of the tin foil ball you created for the spiders body. Finish by gluing a wiggle eye to your spiders face.
- Glue the spider anywhere onto your Yarn Wrapped Mummy. Add some natural feathers for embellishments!
Have fun crafting!