With the colder weather approaching, it is important to stay warm. Teach little ones the importance of covering up in the cold weather with this easy yarn craft. This craft is from Easy Peasy and Fun, it is fun and creative giving children the opportunity to explore their fine motor skills as they have to measure, cut and twist the yarn into the perfect Hat.
Everything you will need:
How to do it:
- Start by cutting the yarn into threads. The length of the yearn depends on the width of your paper roll. Start with cutting 1 thread and trying it out until you find the perfect length.
- Cut the paper roll into a thin ring, about 3/4″ of an inch.
- Fold the yarn in half and place through the paper roll hole. Take the part of the end of the yarn with the loose ends and pull through the loop of the yarn over the paper roll. Pull tight to create a knot.
- Repeat this scenario until you have the paper roll covered with yarn.
- Push the yarn through the paper roll. Easy Peasy and Fun and Fun found it easier to twist all the threads and push them through.
- Roll a small ball of tissue paper and push it into the paper roll to give you the perfect hat shape while keeping the yarn in place.
- Finally tie a knot around the threads to get a hat shape and then trim the pom pom to a nice shape.
- You can take this craft further to create an ornament by tying some yarn under the pom pom of the hat to make a loop.
Remember to visit www.avron.ca for all your craft supplies!